Given the success of our first Interview Series, we kept going!
Over the past few months we have been lucky enough to conduct in-depth interviews with another 15 different Data Scientists. The 15 interviewees have varied roles and focus areas: from start-up founders to academics to those working at more established companies; working across content discovery, gaming, genomics, health and fitness, entertainment, mobile/communications and more…
In case you've missed any, here is a recap of the interviews to date with their relevant links as well as a pdf of everything in one place to make them more easily accessible to the community.
Thanks again to all the interviewees! Looking forward to the next 15!...
Download the pdf here => Data Scientist Interviews, Volume 2, Dec 2014
- Jarno Koponen, Co-Founder of Random:
"Random" Predictive Content Discovery
- Emmett Shear, CEO of Twitch:
Data Science at Twitch: CEO Perspective
- Dag Lohmann, Co-Founder of KatRisk:
Big Data & Machine Learning in Catastrophe Modeling
- Chul Lee, Director of Data Engineering & Science at MyFitnessPal:
Data Science to improve Health & Fitness
- Michael Watson, Partner at Opex Analytics and Adjunct Professor at Northwestern University:
Applying, Teaching & Writing about Data Science
- Chris Checco, President and Chief Analytics Officer of Razorsight:
Cloud-Based Predictive Analytics for Communications
- Reid Robison, MD, MBA and CEO at Tute Genomics:
Creating the "Dropbox of your Genome"
- Kirk Borne, Trans-disciplinary Data Scientist and Professor of Astrophysics and Computational Science at George Mason University:
Data Mining at NASA to Teaching Data Science at GMU
- Dmytro Karamshuk, Researcher in Computer Science and Engineering at King's College London:
Social Media & Machine Learning tell Stores where to locate
- Nathan Kallus, PhD Candidate at the Operations Research Center at MIT:
Big Public Data to Predict Crowd Behavior
- Joseph Misiti, Co-founder of Math & Pencil, SocialQ and more:
From Reducing Friendly Fire to Analyzing Social Data
- Jeroen Janssens, Author of Data Science at the Command Line:
Anomalies, Concerts & Data Science at the Command Line
- Sudeep Das, Astrophysicist and Data Scientist at OpenTable:
Transforming OpenTable into a Local Dining Expert
- Nick Elprin, Founder of Domino Data Lab
Building a Data Science "Experiment Platform"
- Szilard Pafka, Chief Scientist at Epoch and Founder of Data Science LA:
Building the LA Data Science Community
P.S.If you enjoyed these interviews and want to learn more about
- what it takes to become a data scientist
- what skills do I need
- what type of work is currently being done in the field
Image Credit: Simple Insomnia